Sunday, January 31, 2010

More Wrestling

Here are three pictures of Payton wrestling at the Williamsburg Tournament. As you can see, he dominated this match!

Trina and I went to the Penn State (13) vs. Iowa (1) wrestling meet on Friday night. This was the first wrestling meet that I've ever been to. The Penn State coach Cael Sanderson showed his temper at one point in the match. The U of I student body let him hear it with chants such as "Cael's no Gable!" and Cale's For Sale!" Overall it was a really fun experience. I willing to go to another meet soon.

At the end of the meet Dan Gable was signing autographs and taking pictures with fans. As the line got smaller, I suggested that Trina get her picture taken with Coach Gable. At first Trina thought it would be fun. Then she got really embarrassed. She decided not to do it. A few minutes later Coach Brandt came out to sign autographs with Coach Gable. That would have been a great picture.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting pictures Tanner! They are great pictures! I will have to get copies for Payton's scrap book!
    Quite a difference seeing Payton wrestle and college level!! Maybe some day we will be going to see Payton at college level! :) We have some work to do first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanner-I am sure that you meant to write Brands, not Brandt, as the wrestling coach's name!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah... that's what I meant... There is a teacher at my school named Mr. Brandt. Oops.

    ReplyDelete