Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Old English Cheese

Question:  When is an Old English Cheese container not really an Old English Cheese container?????






Do you know?????????




Ruthie??????   Mom????????  You two should know!!!










Answer:  When it holds a "hot toddy" for Grandpa Ott!!



Every time I buy or use one of these containers of cheese I think of Grandpa.  I don't know how many hot toddies I made for him.  Too many to count, I'm sure!  For you youngsters who might not know, a hot toddy for Grandpa Ott was a shot of whiskey, a teaspoon of sugar, and then top it off with hot water. (If I remember correctly!)

What makes you think of a family member??????

3 comments:

  1. A hot toddy to me means Irish whiskey with hot cocoa. Every now and then I get a whiff of some kind of aftershave or cologne that reminds you of Grandpa Gene. I used to love going into the bathroom upstairs in their house in Pomeroy after he had showered. It was still steamy and smelled really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know who drank this hot toddy?? Mom or Dad??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa Ott drank the hot toddy!

    ReplyDelete