Friday, March 12, 2010

Well I haven't posted about Dale for awhile, so I thought I would give you alittle update. Dale got to start on clear liquids yesterday and was very excited about that. One of the big things to watch for when he first starts anything down his throat is drainage and leaking. We were up at 5:00 AM to give him his meds and of course he was excited to start drinking again. So, I poured him a glass of juice, he started drinking it, looked at me and smiled real big and said "Well, am I leaking". I busted a gut. Haven't had much to laugh at lately and it was nice to get a smile out of him also. He is feeling better everyday and we are weening him off of his meds. By the beginning of the week, he should be off of them completely. He is losing weight everyday, but hopefully he will start to maintain now that he can add a few more calories to his diet. I will post a picture later if he will let me take one.
Later
Kath

1 comment:

  1. I think it is terrific to have a sense of humor about it. It also shows he is feeling better! I am so glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete