Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Championship!


Payton wrestled in Tipton on Sunday. It was a very long day. There were over 400 wrestlers. Payton weighed in at 11:00 am but didn't hit the mats until about 2:45. Mike and I took Payton over and Travis, Kerry, and Chance joined us. Payton wrestled 2 different wrestlers and had a bye one round. He did terrific!! As most people know, I am somewhat emotional! To say the least! I couldn't believe my eyes when Payton pinned his first wrestler! It was incredible to watch! He has improved so much this year and is really starting to coordinate all his wrestling moves. Of course I couldn't contain myself and was blubbering like a baby because I was so proud of him and excited! The next round he had a bye. So it was about a 2 hour wait until he wrestled the last time. I was worried about the 3rd round because it was a girl but we kept telling him not to worry about that. She is just another wrestler. He pinned her! He placed 1st in his bracket and that is the first time in 4 years of wrestling! Very exciting! He got a medal, a t-shirt that has champion on the back and a poster with the bracket info on it. Of course the season is over but what a terrific way to end it. We are now looking forward to flag football that starts at the end of March!

2 comments:

  1. Payton did great! I'm glad we could be there for his first pin!! Travis was very impressed with the progress he has made and he did very good listening to the coaching he got! Congrats to Payton. And yes Trilby, you were a bit of a teary mess, but for good reason!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry we missed it, but we had another grandson to meet! I'm so glad Payton finally got this win. I'm sure it helps to have Travis there to give him suggestions.

    ReplyDelete